Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How Austin Does Winter



Well it's not quite a winter wonderland but this is about as close as it gets here in Austin Texas! We actually did see some snow flakes coming down, big ones, almost the size of a fist. I thought for a moment that the sky had rabies or someone was flying overhead with a foam machine.
The last time we had anything like this was 2 years ago. The kids went wild then too, go figure. Not only did they get to experience something they've almost never seen before but they got to have MORE time off of school. As a matter of fact, when this happens in Austin the whole city shuts down. It's pathetic. Lucky for me, my commute to work is from the bedroom to the front office in our home. If I did have to leave for anything today I wouldn't be able to anyway because my car is incased in a half inch thick sheet of ice. Some parts were as thick as an inch!
Later today this is supposed to go away and then we'll have to wait another 2-5 years for this to happen again... thankfully!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home