Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tour de Tucson


This was my first time at the Tour de Tucson in Arizona. Making the trip with Rick Dyer from Bike Mine, we met up with Jason McCormack who is Rick's outside sales guy for the territory. Wednesday Nov. 15th was spent meeting with local bicycle retailers who were all busy getting prepared for the onslaught of 9,000 cyclists from all over the country who would start to descend on the city for an amazing bike rally(race really) on Thursday. Mack, the owner of Sabino Cycles took in our products to sell at their booth while Rick and I did taste testing and education for the consumer at our booth.

Everything went very well. Certainly almost no one from that area had heard about our products before, but now with 1 shop in Tucson carrying Eload(TM) and EMEND(TM) and the constant curiosity of the consumer over our "heat" formula, we are well on our way to fulfilling the needs of the hot and thirsty in Arizona! I did have a couple Canadians come by my booth, they just had to say "hi" and tell me how much they loved our products. They were a bit let down when I had to fess up that I was not from Canada, but from Texas instead.

There were at least couple of famous cyclists came out to play that I know for sure. Jason ran into Floyd Landis while grabbing us some take out lunch from the little Mexican restaurant called El Minuto right across the street from the convention center. At the expo itself I was able to look around just long enough to spot Gord Frasier, formerly of Heath Net. No time for autographs though, gotta teach!

I did get to see a little bit of the Arizone State University campus, as that seemed to be the place to be if you are visiting Tucson. Jason took us by a couple places including an Irish pub and another bar where I was happy to take part in the 2nd annual one handed pool tournament. Attendees included Rick, Jason, Jason's good friend Pat who was kind enough to put us up for a couple days at his house, and Pat's brother Phil, and of course, myself. It was a late night and a very early next morning. Thank goodness for Eload(TM) which is also the best hangover treatment known to man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home