Friday, October 27, 2006

Rol Wheels


I've been meaning to mention this since Interbike but things have been a bit busy. I picked up a pair of wheels at Interbike from my buddy Sean Lambert at Rol Wheels www.rolwheels.com . I got the Race SL's with Sapim CX spokes. The set weighs in at about 1555grams. Just putting these on my bike dropped the overall weight by almost 3/4 of a pound! Unfortunatly, I've gained more weight than that lately just from lack of training. Anyway, putting those wheels on not only trimmed the weight on my fine handmade Italian carbon steed, but they gave it a whole new feeling! They are very stiff and strong, which is the reason I picked this particular set. I feel that my strong suit is sprinting (when I've been training of course) and that's what these baby's are really good at! Now of course since they are stiff they are also confidence inspiring in corners, again, great for crit racing. Did I mention how good they are in the sprint?! Love 'em! Thanks Sean! I can't wait to get a set of your deeper rim carbon wheels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home